Saturday 18 April 2009

Working Dolly's Shifts

This has been a good week. Certainly much better than expected.
On Monday I got a call in the afternoon saying did I want to cover a shift on Tuesday. On Tuesday I got a call from a friend asking if I'd work at his office on Wednesday, On Wednesday he asked for Thursday, and Thursday for Friday. So having been expecting to do 2 hours work this week, I've done about 40 now. And probably more next week...

For my friend I'm doing IT type work, which is something that I have little experience of above individual user. (And it's been a while since I've used Windows much). I have to be told how to do everything, but the tasks are pretty repetitive, so once I know what I'm doing I can just plough on with it, meaning the more skilled people can plough on with the more challenging work.

As for searching for more permanent work, it's not going well, my laptop is damaged which is an excuse for not doing as much as I should, along with being busy. I've seen a job, in a role I'm not overly keen, but reasonably paid, and permanent. Problem I have with it is that it's half an hour away from my parents (by car). Moving back to that area is in mind very much a backward step for me, and chances are I'd spend a few months at parents as well. My parents are really the only link I have left in that part of the country, and while it's not a million miles from where I live now, I'm beginning to feel settled here...

No comments:

Post a Comment