Sunday 1 January 2012

2012

It's a New Year. I don't know how many people are dusting off their blogs today, but I have decided to revisit this one.

The new year is when most people review the year gone and look forward to what is in the year to come. We make plans and resolutions. (So you know, blogging regularly is not a resolution).

So what has 2012 got in store?

Well London is getting ready to host the Olympic and Paralympic games. I visited Stratford twice in December and I wouldn't say there is a sense of anticipation and excitement hanging round there yet.

2012 has been the subject of some end-time prophecies. I am not remotely an expert on what these are, but I do not intend to live my life expecting the world (or just my own life) to come to an end at a specific time on a specific date.

2012 will see some endings though.

Looking back on my 2011, I see a year when a lot of things in my life stayed the same. For the first time I have spent a full calender year working in the same job and living in the same accommodation. It was the first year since 2003 where I did not seek work or attend a job interview. Today I removed 'seeking stability' from the title of this blog

For me, I see 2012 being a year of changes.

I don't know what needs to change. I realise that there is an extent to which being settled and committed begins to scare me. I recognise though that there are other things that I've settled in to that are not good for me. I hope and pray that this year will see positive change in my life. Not change for change's sake, but for God's. That I can discern His will and his purpose.

So I am still unsure what's next... But I'm ok with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment