Saturday 7 March 2009

In the end...

I didn't clean the bathroom, but eventually did put in one job application. It's for a company I've applied to before, although for a different role, so opened up the application form from last summer and had it alongside while I completed the one for this job. Last time I didn't get shortlisted for an interview, and today, looking at the application form, I can kind of see why. So hopefully this one's a bit better, and I'll have a trip up to Yorkshire.

Application forms aren't my favourite things, especially the open questions, where you have to 'draw on your experiences to illustrate how you match up to the requirements as laid out in the job description', sort of thing. I never really know what to put down, and how to present it. I do think I'm beginning to improve my approach, but still don't know how close to getting it consistently right I am.
The other thing is finding all the information... A lot of detail isn't on my CV, as it would be very cluttered if it was, so today I was Googling for the addresses of a couple of my recent employers.

Aside from that I had a good play of my piano this morning, and well I'm not sure what else I actually acheived today, apart from about 100 refreshes of Twitter, Facebook and regular checks of my RSS feeds. Oh and a Moogle Gap of 10-mile, 20-mile, 30-mile and 40-mile walking radii from my home.

I'm working tomorrow, and because I'm trying to not spend so much money at the moment, I made extra pasta and sauce for lunch to take with me. My pasta sauce is absolutely gorgeous, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment