Friday 6 March 2009

Lent

Various people seem to be thinking about lent on the blogs, or making references to it on Facebook or so on. I thought I might jump on the bandwagon.
I can't help thinking giving up chocolate, or sweets or so on, it's pretty trivial.. Especially when it was instituted as a proper fast...
I'm not sure I've got my head around it, and it's something I've not really observed, even in the not eating chocolate sense... But I've been thinking about 40 days... a little bit...
It's significant in the Flood, and in the giving of the law to Moses, and in Jesus' testing I'll be keeping an eye out for it in the rest of my chronological Bible.
I guess there's some thinking to do...
I've also got this book to read which is a challenge split into 40 chapters...

So my lent:
I'm doing some general reappraising, hence this blog, some of this is, I hope, allowing me to get closer to God, and to be more aware of His leading on my life. Gotta be a good thing, if it happens as it should.
So while I've not consciously decided to 'fast' for lent, I realise I'm trying to give something up. I'm not going to give details, but it's an aim for more than just lent.
I should read this book...
This will probably mean lent won't be for me the 40 days set in the church calender, but a time of re-evaluating, going through challenges and hopefully having something 'new' at the end of it...
Welcome to my blog ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment